Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I try to be like Grace Kelly, but all her looks were too sad


Every time I open a magazine at the moment her beautiful face is staring back at me from one page or another. Enthralled, I look at the caption explaining that there is soon to be a new exhibit showing her enitre wardrobe at the V&A in London.

Hopefully I will be able to visit in the summer holidays (the exhibit is showing from the 17th of April to the 26th of September) and see her beautiful collection of Balanciaga gowns and YSL and Dior couture. But till then I will have to satifsy my current Grace Kelly obsession by looking at stunning photos of her (the above is a photograph from her in the 1956 film 'High Society')

There is no doubt she was an icon, famous for her calm and collected persona and pristine appearance. That she was well dressed goes without saying; she was never a hair out of place.
xoxo